Mass-Care is seeking an Organizing Intern for Summer 2023.
We are a statewide advocacy organization with over 200 coalition partners located all across Massachusetts. Our mission is to establish a single payer health care system in Massachusetts so that all residents of the Commonwealth will have access to comprehensive, quality, affordable and equitable health care because it is basic to life and human dignity.
This is a great opportunity for students who want to learn about community organizing and/or the Massachusetts State House.
Our organizing intern will assist with multiple projects. They will:
- Plan and set up constituent meetings with legislators in districts where we ran a ballot question in 2022
- Support outreach to unions and other community groups
- Support phone and textbanks, door-to-door canvasses, group presentations, and other campaign tactics;
- Support outreach to state legislators and coalition members;
- Help develop existing Medicare for All hubs and assist in establishing new ones around the state;
- Update and create content for our website, social media pages, and GIS maps
- Create action alerts, data/fact sheets, and other communication materials on our campaigns, which include 2022 non-binding ballot initiatives; constituent delegations; and other actions
- Attend meetings as requested, including weekly staff calls
Schedule: Working hours are flexible between 10AM-5PM, but time commitment should be at least 12 hours per week. Work can be done remotely or in our office in Mission Hill. Interns must be students based in Massachusetts.
- Undergraduate or graduate student in public policy, social work, human services or a related field;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently in an environment where priorities change and new projects arise daily
How to Apply: Please provide a resume and brief letter of intent (no cover letters) to email@example.com with the subject line: "Mass-Care Organizing Intern 2023" by May 15th.