Mass-Care and UHCEF Host Barbeque and Bake-Off for Health Care Justice!
Print out a flyer for this event to publicize it!
Mass-Care and the Universal Health Care Education Fund invite you to join them Columbus Day weekend for a Fall barbecue and bake-off! Set at the beautiful Larz Anderson Park in Brookline, more than eight contestants will work their culinary magic in two separate competitions – for the most mouth-watering grilled appetizer, and the most delectable baked goods. Prizes will be awarded by a star-studded Judges Panel!
We are asking attendees to contribute $35 towards making health care a right ($10 for under age 18), and you will get to taste the competitors’ dishes. Low-income attendees are more than welcome to join us at a discounted rate!
WHERE AND WHEN
Sunday, October 9, 2011 – 11:30AM – 2:00PM
Larz Anderson Park, Brookline (click here for directions)
Tickets: $35 ($10 for under age 18)
- Jay Murray, Executive Chef, Grill 23 & Bar
- Jamie Eldridge, Senator, Middlesex and Worcester
- Frank Smizik, Representative, Fifteenth Norfolk
- Dr. James Recht, Psychiatrist, Chair of Massachusetts Physicians for a National Health Program
- Mohamed Maenaoui, Personal Chef and former Executive Chef, The Barking Crab
- Benjamin Day, Executive Director, Mass-Care
- Jennifer Doe, Workers Rights Organizer, Massachusetts Jobs with Justice
- Mike Fiske, Owner, Fiske & Company
- Robert Hall, Waiter, Grill 23 & Bar
- Olivia Alford, Research Assistant at the Education Development Center, and former Mass-Care intern.
- Reverend Judy Deutsch, retired Unitarian Universalist minister, and health care specialist for the League of Women Voters of Massachusetts.
- Margaret Reeve Panahi, Family Nurse Practitioner, graduate of Madeleine Kamman School for Culinary Arts.
- Denise Zwahlen, Physician Assistant, Codman Square Health Center